Saturday, December 8, 2007

Done with Finals!

Margaret, Anne and I are done with Autumn quarter finals! Personally, I think it was my toughest finals week yet. However, I have found that painful academic experiences are easily forgotten; I will catch up on sleep and I don't have to read or think about poorly written papers again. While the pain doesn't last, I have faith that it was not pointless and that the learning that came through the pain was helpful--I may not remember many of the historical details from my classes, but the practice of analysis and synthesis of material is something that will stay with me and continue to grow once I'm out of school. That said, I can't wait to be done! :)

To celebrate being done, we went out to the Christkindlmarket in downtown Chicago. We had spiced wine and sugared macadamia nuts. Tonight we are celebrating Margaret's birthday--we're going to try and make our own spiced wine and roasted chestnuts. God be Praised!


(Anne and I with our warm drinks)

1 comment:

Mike Z said...

Congratulations! I think you three are really terrific! Hurry home!